Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Monday, December 05, 2005

Why I still haven't eaten dinner tonight

I was only going to be online for a little while. Really. I was going to list some stuff on ebay and then go have some soup. My throat is sore and I know I'm coming down with something. I'd feel better if I just got a litte more sleep, but that probably won't happen this week.

So I listed my stuff, then checked out the boards and blogs. And then I checked my email. As I was going through the 25 pages of messages, (Yes, really, 25 pages.) I found a message I needed to respond to. It was from a member of the administration of the high school I attended. They mass emailed everyone to let us know that one of the beloved English teachers has retired and they were soliciting messages and memories to provide to this teacher. Needless to say, I've spent quite a while typing out memories of her class. She was a hysterical teacher with a razor sharp wit. She was strong and tough and worked us all hard. And all of us are better for it. She moderated the newspaper and I was publishing editor my senior year, so I got to spend a lot of time with her.

Writing my memories down makes me again miss being home in NJ. I wish I could say goodbye and good luck to her in person; I wish I could attend her retirement dinner. I hope my message lets her know what an impact she had on me.

And now I realize it is after midnight and I'm starving and tired and I can't see straight. Crap.

1 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 7:56 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

It will! I mean, your message will let her know what an impact she had on you. My mom was a teacher and several of her students, once they were older, emailed her or phoned her or mailed her letters to tell her what an impact she had made on them. It was HUGE for my mom. It'll be huge for your teacher too. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home