Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, December 02, 2005

I'm so tired

I was up really late last night; I think I went to bed at 2am. Yawn. I was hating life when the alarm clock went off this morning. DH had to leave early so I again had bus stop duty. I got B dressed and we hurried off to the bus stop. We were the only ones there and I got paranoid. Then the mom from the house at the bus stop said she thought the bus had already come, which is what I was thinking. So we hotfooted it back to the house.

I had to run in and grab the little ones who were fast asleep in their cribs and get them all in their car seats so we could run B to her school. We dropped her off and then went home where we had some breakfast. Not how I had envisioned my morning.

I was supposed to put B on the bus, go home, and lay down for about an hour's nap. Then the other two would wake up, and we'd all have breakfast. And we'd have a nice day...

It was going to be "one of those days", I knew, when while I was showering, I first realized that I had left my towels on the rack, clear across the bathroom, and second, when I spotted S with my cosmetic bag. She was asking for "lip 'tick" and I told her I didn't have any. So she opened up my cosmetic bad and pulled out the stick foundation and blush and started putting some on her cheeks. Great! She then blended it with my makeup sponges. Lucky for me she put the stuff away before she did any damage to herself or my stuff. I almost thought about getting the camera to snap a pic of her with the dots on her face, but the camera is in a drawer in the kitchen, clear across the house. You'll just have to use your imagination for what she must have looked like.

Later I took the kids shopping. I had to get birthday presents for my cousin's kids as their party is tomorrow. We went to WalMart, Home Depot, Tuesday Morning and Ace Hardware. And in every store I had A in the seat of the shopping cart, and S in the main part. All purchases had to be placed under the cart otherwise S would help me by tossing things overboard. And I also had to try to keep the cart in the middle of the aisle so that Elastigirl and Octopus Boy wouldn't be able to reach anything. By the time S tossed everything out of the cart, and A was grabbing the blown glass ornaments I was purchasing, at Ace Hardware, I was done.

They were immediately put down for naps when we got home and I enjoyed some alone time. Ah, sweet quiet.

Now to finish wrapping the bday presents and get to bed... *yawn*

2 Comments:

At 12/03/2005 3:35 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

LOL at S putting makeup on. Julia loves it when I tell her I'm putting makeup on and she has gotten into my eyeshadow a couple of times. A few days ago while I was on the phone she grabbed a yellow hi-liter and drew all over her arms and the breast pad I'd left on the desk. When I came down and saw her practically glowing I asked her what she was doing and she said, "I did makeup!"

 
At 12/03/2005 8:38 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

ROFLMAO about J glowing! My DNiece colored all over DH's face with "washable" markers at her bday party one year. It took quite a few washes to get it all off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home