Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Where did my ambition go?

Sunday was beautiful and I started putting out the Christmas lights. I had a bunch of 100 light strings daisy chained together and once I had about 6 or 7 strings, I plugged them in. Which is when half of them shorted out, and I lost the wind in my sails.

Some retail therapy at the local Ace Hardware helped, where I purchased even more strings of lights and gifts for family. Yes, gifts. At the Ace Hardware. Why? Because this particular store isn't only the place with the helpful hardware man. It is practically a gift shop AND hardware store. They carry dishes, lawn decor, cards, stationery, Groovy Girls dolls, stuffed animals, and the obligatory college logo stuff -- all the talking UT bottle openers you could possibly need.

And I think I've decided that I'll put the little ones in daycare at the beginning of the year. After all, B is going to be home for half of December on her winter break, so I won't be getting much unpacking done anyway.

I've also had a box of stuff to go back to Kohls that has been sitting in my car all week but I haven't had the urge to take it and two kids there. And really, I have two boxes worth of stuff, but I can only take one box at a time. I can't imagine getting all that stuff to fit into one of their carts.

Tomorrow I may get ambitious and travel out to the Galleria Mall in Houston. I got some great Texas themed ornaments there years ago, and I need to get one for an ornament exchange. Or I may stay home and think about unpacking a box or putting up more Christmas decorations. The house looks great in my head; I just need to get it out of there. LOL!

Today's big excursion was to B's school to buy books from the Scholastic Book Fair; it was tax free Wednesday, after all.

1 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 10:17 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

I'm the President of the No Ambition Club. Welcome. Membership is free, because we have no ambition to make cards. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home