Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Random thoughts

I need to stop eating everything in sight. I am NOT pregnant and I should have enough other things to keep me busy. Reminds me of what my good friend, coworker and cubicle neighbor Stacy used to say when she was pg: "I need to have my mouth wired shut!" However, I did ingest about 1/4 of a pumpkin pie after dinner. And I should mention that I did help myself to many extra helpings of mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce at dinner. Nevermind the Key Lime and white chocolate chip cookies...the little rack has four sections of cookies and I think I ate two entire sections of cookies today. Alright, I did manage to share one cookie each with S and A. Go me!

I should stop spending money. Yesterday I bought myself a great printer to use for scrapbooking; it is DH's gift to me for Christmas. It's the one September has, for those of you interested. Then today not only did I order lighted garland for our staircase (cause I needed much more than I had and couldn't find what I liked at any store) but I ordered a Murphy bed - table thing for our guest room. It's really cool and is a table where I can someday do scrapbooking, and when company comes over, somehow you pull the wall portion down over the table and it becomes a bed. It's the Inova Table Bed, shown here: http://inovallc.com/.

I need to get ambitious and at least start decorating this house for Christmas. I lost all my drive on Sunday after I had strung some lights out front. I must have blown a fuse, so only 2 of 3 columns out front have working lights and I couldn't figure out where the bad fuse was, nor could I locate any dead bulbs. I also took time Sunday to trim our shrubs and now I also need to pick up all the clippings. We did as much as we could, but filled our trash can and we don't have any yard trash bags.

I also need to get the little ones in daycare so I can decorate and unpack the house. I'm currently thinking that yesterday's hope of getting them to start on Thursday was a bit ambitious since I need to have their former peds in PA complete some health form first. And no, I have not yet faxed them the forms...

I am still having issues with bugs. I think I failed to mention that on Thanksgiving morning DH decided to rearrange the family room furniture, specifically the couch and love seat. He and MIL were moving the love seat and DF and DH moved the sleeper sofa. In the middle of this ENORMOUS dead cockroach #2 was found in the house, quietly decomposing under the sleeper sofa. DH vacuumed it up, which grossed me out, but he said there was no other way to remove it. I stopped asking questions at that point. However, that is the second ENORMOUS TEXAS-sized dead roach we've found IN the house. I know there is one living (at least the last time I saw it) in a box in the garage... And just yesterday I found a dead fingernail sized roach on the kitchen floor, which DH graciously removed for me. I have no idea where that one came from because we haven't seen anything alive in here. Regardless, it still creeps the hell out of me and I need to find an exterminator and FAST.

I think I need to go to bed.

4 Comments:

At 11/30/2005 1:41 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

I didn't realize I can leave a comment! This is awesome. I love reading these. Makes me feel like you're still here next to me.

Sounds like you have a lot to do. Get those kids in daycare and get to work!

Stacy

 
At 11/30/2005 11:28 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Yay! I got you to comment! And I got you to blog. LOL! I'm corrupting you. How're things up there? How's your new neighbor? And WhyTF is the phone # off the website??? That was part of the job. (Yeah, I stalked the group web page last night.)

 
At 12/01/2005 8:11 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Yeah! You're corrupting me from Texas how sad. My new neighbor is actually good. Not as good as you of course. She loves to talk so that's good. At least she's not boring. If her and I aren't talking then it's so quiet in here.

Not sure why the number is gone. I'll have to find out.

 
At 12/01/2005 8:38 AM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Does she watch AR and Survivor?? That should have been a requirement. And this reminds me, I need to send you the survivor spoilers. the gal who posts them had a baby Tues but she posted the spoiler on Mon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home