Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Party time

Today was my cousin's kids birthday party. Her DS turned 9 and her DD turned 6. We had a nice time visiting with my family at her house. I hadn't seen my cousin Joe nor his DS in years. His son has grown into a man -- full beard that he has to shave, deep voice, and tall. Now, if you know anything about my family, you'd know that tall isn't an adjective normally used to describe any of us.

In other news, the Longhorns won the Big 12 Championship. They should have just had the trophy handed to them without playing the game. The Colorado Buffaloes were outscored 70-3 for gosh sake. They'll play USC at the Rose Bowl for the National Championship. DH has grand plans of taking all of us out to Pasadena for it. Hmmm. Tickets are $175 a piece, and there are no lap children allowed. I'd sure love to go, but it's gonna be pricey, and how much fun will the kids have there? Meanwhile we don't have anyone to watch the kids for us, so either DH goes or we all go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home