Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Sunday, December 04, 2005

More bright ideas

You could almost call it nesting. I've got the painting itch. The cable guy was here earlier this week to run a line for the cable modem in DH's office. There was already a line in there, but it was on the wrong wall, the wall with the closet and bookcase niche. Just an inconvenient spot. So we made the appointment with the cable company and the guy came out to run the line down the wall where DH's desk actually fits. Of course that wall is insulated and the cable guy only had a short pole with which to try to push the line down between the joists. He gave up without cutting any holes in the wall and figured out a work around. DH, of course, hates the work around, and he should. The guy dropped the line down in the corner of the room, put a faceplate on the ceiling, then fastened the wire in the corner down the wall, then across the wall just above the baseboard, to the computer. It was good enough if he couldn't do it the right way. I just don't know if he really couldn't do it, or if he just didn't feel like doing it.

So I figure if I repaint his office and slap a coat of paint over the black cable, perhaps it will look much better to DH. As an added plus, he hasn't yet unpacked the boxes and filled the desk and hutch, so they'll be easier to move empty. Hmmm, perhaps this week while he's away...

While I was at Home Depot earlier this week I also picked up some paint chips for B's room. She's getting new bedding for Christmas and we have to change the color of her walls. Right now they are blood red. And I mean a deep dark blood red. It's gonna take a TON of primer to cover that mess. I'm currently liking a light ice blue and deep aqua. DH didn't care for the purple I was thinking about using as an anchor color. Decisions, decisions.

Right now the brightest idea I'd say we had was moving down here. NJ had 3 inches of snow between yesterday and today from what I heard, and I was told that they are expecting more snow tomorrow night. Blech.

2 Comments:

At 12/06/2005 8:27 PM, Blogger geenalyn said...

ohhh i LOVE that bedding....i could sooo do those colors in my bedroom :)

 
At 12/06/2005 11:56 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

It's Liz Claiborne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home