Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Watch me go crazy over the next three weeks

My oldest had her last day of school yesterday. She's now out until late the first week of January, nearly 3 weeks away. I'll have the pleasure of dealing with three young kids all by myself for approximately the next 500 hours. Can you imagine just how much I'm looking forward to this? Most espeically since the girls seem to be coming down with colds...

Let's see, if I want to torture myself I can: (1) take them all to the grocery store like I did late yesterday afternoon (A threw things out of the cart while S leaned her entire body out of the side of the shopping cart), (2) bake cookies (and have them all sneeze or cough on the cookie dough, or wipe their noses and then touch the dough or decorations), or (3) go to the playground (while it is in the mid-40s here). Don't all of those sound like great ideas?! Really, it sounds like a BLAST to me.

Let me know if you have any ideas on retaining my sanity.

2 Comments:

At 12/18/2005 11:57 AM, Blogger geenalyn said...

LOL...Daynah goes to school this whole week, but then she'll be off for two weeks...i'm dreading it. Things are insane with the three of them, but Daynah hightens it to new levels..

 
At 12/18/2005 6:38 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Drink heavily once they go to bed?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home