Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Note

The bright yellow slip of paper in B's backpack was hard to miss. She was written up for being under the table in the lunchroom after she had been told to sit in her seat. This made for a second entry on the paper she brings home every day. This paper is a table of the days and weeks of the current 6 week marking period. The parents are to initial the current day's box each afternoon, and sign the Friday box every Friday. There is space for the teacher to make comments or put a stamp if the child has been good. A few weeks ago B was written up for not doing her work; today's was for not listening. I'm so disappointed about it; I really thought that the only times she doesn't listen are at home. My understanding was that she did respect the other authority figures in her life: her former teachers, my parents, etc.

I took the kids to Toys R Us tonight in order to browse the wide variety of toys available and to gain some idea of what they'd be asking Santa for. That went well. Not. The little ones hadn't napped, and B still didn't have her listening ears on. We also had to try to find a gift for a birthday party Saturday. S opened up a small toy and played with it but lost it when I took it away. (Do I really need another See and Say Elmo??)

In addition to being tired, the kids were hungry and it was dinner time. I gave them the option of going to the mall which was right next door, or grabbing something on the short drive home. They decided to go to the mall. We hurried into the mall (one of those enormous outlet malls, like Franklin Mills) and went straight to the food court. Once there they discovered that inside the food court was a carousel. The girls were dying to ride it, but I told B that Santa had whispered in my ear that she couldn't have a ride due to her behavior today. S wasn't much better.

Perhaps I should write a note to Santa tell him to bring us a big ole bag of coal. I'm sure I deserve some as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home