Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My to do list is how long??!!

As I sit here tonight, I'm trying to recall all the places I've hidden gifts, all the gift's I've already sent up north, and figure out who I still need to shop for. I'm trying to make a list (and check it twice) to make sure that I don't forget any of the important things going on this month. I've already missed BIL's birthday last week. This week are my cousin's and dad's b-days, another cousin's major surgery; next week has another birthday, and then we have GreatGranny's birthday, Christmas (where do we go, or do we stay home?), and my brother's birthdays.

I'm dreading having to take the little ones to the post office with me. I can only imagine the hell that will be. I can picture the long line I'll have to wait in, presumably while pushing a double stroller and trying to maintain some sort of order to the piles of packages I have to mail. The post office near our last house had automated machines where you could weigh your package and purchase the appropriate postage. This was heaven on earth since most people preferred to stand in the line rather than do the "self checkout" thing. I can only hope that the local PO here has these wonderful machines. Meanwhile, I'll still have to stand in the line for some of my packages because if I remember correctly, the machines cannot do Delivery Confirmation, and my ebay items are sent with DC included in the postage.

And I also have to locate the USB cord for my digicam so that I can upload the pix to the computer and print out some of them. They will be used for some gifts.

Oh wait, I also have to suffer through another trip to Sam's Club since we seem to be running out of Pull Ups for Miss S. Might as well add things to my shopping list because it is not worth it to go there for one item.

And I'm fighting the same damn sore throat that I was all last week. Must try to nap when the kids do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home