Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gotta love family!

I was talking to DH this afternoong when the phone rang; it was some strange number in Houston. When I answered it I found out it was my aunt. She said she is going to be in our area tomorrow and asked if I needed to get any shopping done; she'd watch the kids for me. I was so thrilled! Imagine, shopping ALONE... No one grabbing things from the aisles, no one shoplifting tchotchkes from the checkout lane, no one melting down because Mommy put the toy back on the shelf... Heaven, I tell you! I cannot wait. I've been wracking my brain all day and making a list of everything I need to buy so I can try to get it all done in a reasonable amount of time.

I only hope that the day turns out as wonderful as it seems in my head.

2 Comments:

At 12/09/2005 9:07 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

MIL came over last night to watch the kids so we could do some Christmas shopping. Dave and I didn't know what to do with ourselves. No kids. No screaming. No crying. No buckling and unbuckling and bribes and meltdowns. Bliss, I tell you. Bliss.

 
At 12/09/2005 11:55 AM, Blogger geenalyn said...

I'm completely and utterly jealous....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home