Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Shopping without kids

Ah, was there ever a finer thing for mothers to do?! My aunt arrived just as the stores were opening and we hung out for a few minutes while the kids got used to seeing her. I left my cell phone # with her and ran off to do a few hours of shopping. I hit Toys R Us, the huge outlet mall (but just a few stores there), then WalMart and Bed & Bath. Then my stinking phone beeped that I had a message. I continually tried to check my voicemail, but apparently there is some huge black hole in the center of the shopping district where you can't hear me now. The Verizon service in that area SUCKED A$$!!!! I'd go from four bars to two bars to non and a dropped call with absolutely no warning whatsoever. I knew it was my aunt who called, so since I was relatively close to home, I stopped by to find out what had happened. Nothing. She put the little man down without a binky or a bottle and wanted to find out if I normally gave him either of those things at naptime. No biggie. So I really didn't have much more real shopping to do, so we hung out some more and then she left and I unpacked the car and tried to hide gifts in the garage.

After B got home from school I took her to Target to look for a leotard. She has a birthday party tomorrow for a classmate and it is at a Gymnastics place, so I want a leotard for her. While there she said she'd really like an Amazing Amanda from Santa. I went out at 9pm to finish my shopping for the day and am now exhausted. I didn't put much thought into the outfit I got MIL, but I hope she likes it. If not, I remembered to get gift receipts so she can take it back. This year I just don't give a crap. My evil twin wants me to buy people crap that they'd most certainly hate and have no use for, but that's just not nice, and quite frankly, I only want to do that to DH's side... Hmmm, must be my evil Auntie Flo's influence...

Must call my parents tomorrow to see how much snow they wound up with. The closing site I checked this morning had a ton of school closings so it must have been pretty bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home