Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Saturday, December 10, 2005

I don't get it

My rarely shy, bounce off the walls energetic kid today was shy. She had a classmate's birthday party at a local gym today. All the girls got to do tumbling on different equipment. However, once we walked in the building, she didn't want to see her friends or take her shoes off. She even wanted me to go with her into the gym part of the room. I told her I couldn't since I wasn't dressed appropriately for gymnastics.

Then, once she got in the middle of things and started running around and tumbling, she got over it. The two hours flew by. The other moms I met were quite nice. One or two of them actually belong to the same church we do. The one mom even gave me some good leads on other places to consider for childcare for the wee ones. LOL! The girl whose birthday it was and her family have been in TX for a year. Previously they lived for 6 years in Scotland; before that they also lived in this same area. As the mom was slicing cake she asked if any parents wanted some, and if so, did they want a wee piece or a big piece.

So now B wants to have a gymnastics birthday party. We'll have to see about that, since school will be out, and at some point this summer we'll have to travel to NJ. DH's sister just announced to us on Thanksgiving that she is pregnant with #2 and is due June 1. Of course. We really can't have kids at any other time of year... LOL! So we'll have to plan our trip north to coincide with whenever they decide to have the christening. Not that I care since we won't be Godparents, but it will provide us with time to see DH's family. This throws a wrench in the plans to have a communal bday party for the girls, DH, and SIL's DS since they all share June bdays. Maybe we'll have two parties, one down here for her school friends, and one up there where we had A's bday party this year. She can invite her old school friends. Then if MIL wants to do a group party she can.... Hmm...

Must get to sleep. Having family portraits taken tomorrow, while my face recovers from AF's breakouts. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home