Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

So proud of myself

This evening I discovered a rather large cockroach in our family room. The creature was hanging out between the baseboard and a power cord. I've been warned that you cannot stomp on them because that will release the bazillion eggs from the egg sac and you'll have a mega-infestation. Ugh. So I tried to get it to run into a plastic grocery bag. The little bugger ran FAST into the corner of the room and behind the subwoofer. *sigh*

I begged DH to come and help me with the CRP (cockroach relocation program) and he gladly complied. He moved the boxes and subwoofer while I tried to catch the evil thing using a dust pan and broom. After a few misses, I finally caught the bugger in the pan and got it deposited in the bag. Then the thing was relocated to our trash can where it can rot in H*LL!! BLECH!!!

I'm just so proud of myself for not screaming or squealing once during this entire trauma. After all, we had just put the kids to bed. I didn't need them all wailing because mommy screamed and woke them.

Note to self: call the exterminator, ANY exterminator, FIRST THING TOMORROW!!

2 Comments:

At 12/14/2005 1:13 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Ew. You lost me at the part about dispersing the eggs from the egg sac.

 
At 12/14/2005 1:45 PM, Blogger geenalyn said...

EWWWW...i'm with Kath on the egg sac bit...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home