Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Scrapbookers heaven!

Friday afternoon I took our oldest, B, shopping with me. I bought these fabulous shadowboxes for cheap and need to add some pictures to them and send them off as gifts to FIL/grandMIL and my parents. We went to the LSS to see if they had some embellishments that I could use for the shadowboxes.

This place is amazing. Most recently I've been to craft stores like Michael's or ACMoore to purchase supplies. Over the summer DH actually went with me into a scrapbook store in his hometown while we were there for his 20th HS reunion. That place was nice, but I think it had recently opened because they told me that they were getting more stock in every day and a lot of it wasn't out yet.

This place has everything and I mean EVERYTHING. They have a section just for the colleges, with papers, borders, tags and embellishments. Your kid plays a sport? Well they've got everything for every sport and color coordinated for the local schools too. I could have spent hours in there, except that I left the younger two napping at home while DH was working. I'd have had heck to pay if they woke up while I was out. So I grabbed a few embellishments with B's help, and we hurried home. Did I mention this place has Friday night crops?

I can't wait to go back. I hope I can talk our best friends into visiting us soon so the guys can golf and she and I can scrap.

2 Comments:

At 12/18/2005 11:58 AM, Blogger geenalyn said...

ohhh sounds like the store i found our here near my new house....i love it...i want to go back and get more stuff but figure i should use some of the stuff i bought there the last time i was there first...if i ever find a minute to scrapbook again

 
At 12/18/2005 2:54 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hi Jeanne, just found your blog and spent who knows how much time reading the last 3 months of your life ;)

That store sounds awesome! I love our LSS, but I haven't had any time to scrap lately. Makes me sad. I think I just need to sign up for a friday night crop like you mentioned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home