Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

God, I'm so lame *blush*

I'm going to embarrass myself and publicly admit that I'm currently watching "A Very Brady Christmas." It's so cheesy and campy, but it just gives me the warm fuzzies. Recalling my childhood, I wanted so much to be popular and confident like Marcia and adorable like Cindy. All my problems could be solved in 22.5 minutes.

Then the Brady Girls and these reunion shows added another dimension: marital strife and other, more serious problems. It became more like real life. Still retains some of its cheesiness, though. Like when Carol Brady went to the travel agent and introduced herself to the agent as "Mrs. Carol Brady." WHO does that anyway?? Not a single soul that I know. Oh wait, there was that nutcase who was married to some poor idiot that used to work with DH...she enjoyed referring to herself as "Mrs. Michael Hislastname." Otherwise, I can't think of anyone who does that in this day and age, nor can I think of anyone who did that in '88, when this movie was made.

Now to go see if "the children are nestled all snug in their beds" so I can begin tonight's portion of the wrapping marathon. I went to bed last night at 4am this morning... I still have a ridiculous amount of gifts to wrap, since FIL and GrandMIL and my parents asked us to get the kids their gifts. Then SIL sent her gifts unwrapped via amazon. Nevermind that DH is still feeling ill, after puking up his guts last night and then sleeping like a baby (who snores). Ah well, I'll wrap and watch Bennifer in action in Jersey Girl. Oh wait, J Lo just died in it, so I get to watch Ben and Liv. Kevin Smith and George Carlin...can't be too bad, now can it?

4 Comments:

At 12/21/2005 10:47 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

God, everyone is getting sick this Christmas. Hope your DH is feeling better and that no one else in the household gets it before the weekend.

 
At 12/21/2005 11:59 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Thanks. The girls have colds, but they're being controlled with Dimetapp. I just need a TON of sleep and I'll hopefully fight my cold off. Oh well. Tis the season!

 
At 12/22/2005 8:35 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Hope everyone is feeling better. Have a great holiday..... and oh yeah... I was watching A Very Brady Christmas on Sunday too until Jeff came into the room and wanted to change it to football.
:-(

 
At 12/22/2005 12:03 PM, Blogger Mary said...

It's okay Jeanne, I'm watching Troop Beverly Hills......

And as far as wrapping goes? I still need to buy the freakin' paper....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home