Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mom Make Over Day at B's school

was today. The kids in kindergarten all had their moms come in and bring their makeup and hair accessories (and nail polish and lotion); it was suggested that we wear our robes as well. We moms were welcomed into the Kindy Day Spa and the teacher greeted us at the classroom door asking with whom we had an appointment. Then our "beautician" came to the door and led us back to our (their) respective seats. Soothing spa music was playing and the kids gave us massages on our backs and arms.

Then the hair accessories and makeup came out and madness ensued. I usually wear that CG Outlast lipstick, so I brought an old tube of lipstick, in a pretty dark shade. What the heck, right?! So Bridget used my face powder, blush, lavender and grey eyeshadow, and then my creme foundation. She had to apply my lipstick twice, because there apparently wasn't enough on me after the first application. Then she gave me a manicure and pedicure.

How do I look?! LOL!

Here I am with hair clips giving me pig tails.















Here I am with my two coats of lipstick (well applied, don't you think?!), eye shadow, face powder and blush, and as an afterthought, my creme foundation, which she did not blend (you can see it best on my nose and chin). Plus you can see my amazing manicure:















Here's my pedicure (photo taken by B).














I gave B big smooches on each cheek before I left. It helped to work off some of my lipstick. LOL!

1 Comments:

At 5/19/2006 11:10 PM, Blogger Kimmykay said...

You both are beautiful. Looks like she had a blast (and you too, LOL).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home