Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, May 12, 2006

Hooray for Mother's Day!

I got an e-coupon from the Greatest Italian Take Out Place on Earth, better known as Landi's in my email recently. Once I started ordering Mother's Day gifts for MIL and GMIL, I realized I wanted to do something special for my mom. So I ordered her some of her favorite foods from Landi's. I was excited to see that they now have their stuffed eggplant available for shipping. I sent Mom some stuffed eggplant, lasagne, veal and mushrooms, round ravioli, and tomato and basil sauce. It arrived yesterday, and my mom danced and jumped around when she saw all the food.

After I placed Mom's order, I told DH that all I really wanted for Mother's Day was some food from Landi's as well. He was cool with that, so I sent us some veal and mushrooms (yes, the girl who HATES mushrooms, will eat veal cooked with mushrooms. I don't, however, eat the 'shrooms), lasagne, square ravioli, and tomato and basil sauce.

YUM! My order arrived today. I can't wait to eat it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home