Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It's been a while since I last blogged

Here's the quick update:

I finished painting the bedrooms upstairs (four bedrooms plus DH's office). I have some minor work left to do, like paint the trim in DH's office, and the closet and bedroom doors. But everything for the most part is done. About two or three weekends ago we took the kids to a Houston suburb and ordered S's big girl bed and some additional furniture. It should be here by early June. Her big girl bedding arrived yesterday and looks great with the wall color.

My parents were in for the long Easter weekend. We all had a blast with them and, of course, the visit went all too quickly for my liking. There were 15 people here on Saturday for a pool party/BBQ and only twelve for Easter Sunday dinner. I considered pulling out the china and having us all eat in the dining room, but instead we ate on Chinet out back. Much nicer being able to toss the plates instead of wash them. Must convince my parents to visit more often.

Here are some pix of the renovations, provided blogger allows me to upload pix:
Table bed in guest room.
Table bed with bed made.
B's room with new bedding.
S's room (same wall color as B's room).
S's new bedding.
A's room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home