Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

B's first field trip with this school

Today B had her first field trip with the school down here. The entire kindergarten went to downtown to visit the Museum of Natural Science, and more specifically, the Butterfly Center.

The kids really seemed to enjoy seeing the dinosaur exhibit that greeted us upon our entrance to the HMNS. However, I think they were awed by all the butterflies at the Butterfly Center.

I dressed B in a pair of floral shorts and a bright pink shirt hoping that it would attract the 'flies. If any were, they were quickly shooed away by her frantic arm waving. She did not like having the creatures flying anywhere near her. *sigh* She also was not in the mood to have her picture taken. It's great to have a moody kid. At least she did a good job eating her lunch. After seeing the Butterfly Center and eating lunch the kids were able to run off some steam by running up and either running or rolling down the hill across the street from the HNMS.

I wore a teal outfit and a beautiful Blue Morpho butterfly landed on my hip. Needless to say I was mesmerized by it. The top photo is a picture of this butterfly with its wings open.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home