Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hall bath makeover, Part 2

Blogger wouldn't let me add more pix to my last entry, so here is the latest on the bathroom makeover:

I removed the tracks from the tub (with some help from DH). By the time I got around to cleaning the tub, it was last Thursday, the day my parents were arriving. I only had time to scrub out the tub and do a very preliminary scrape down of the gunk on the tub. There is regular white caulk and clear silicone on the tub and walls from where the sliding door tracks were. It is going to take some time and effort to get all of it off. In addition, I have to figure out how to cover up the three holes on each wall where the side rails were screwed into the shower enclosure. As a temporary measure I simply covered up the holes with some packing tape.

Here's how it looks today:

This is the tub without the guides. The crud on the tub is pretty gross, but I've gotten a lot of that up with some scrubbing.




This is the tub today, after some scrubbing and scraping.









This is the new shower curtain and rod. If you don't already have a crescent shower rod, you NEED one. They are fantastic! We had them in our last house and refuse to go without them. You can find them at Home Depot, Linens & Things, and Bed, Bath & Beyond. The guy who makes them is based in Houston, and when we got our last two, his was just a small time operation. Then he got a contract with Hilton and things have exploded for the guy. I'm very happy for him.

1 Comments:

At 4/20/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Wow, it's really starting to shape up, Jeanne!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home