Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Heaven on Earth

Ah, the sweet taste of Brooklyn. Not only am I a Yankee, but I’m a New Yorker. And like most New Yorkers, I learned at an early age the value of great take out food. My favorite Italian take out place has had a web presence since 2001. However, they recently redid their website and it is much improved. Not only that, now a larger portion of their menu is available online. I am in hog heaven! I cannot wait to for an excuse to order ravioli, lasagna, veal and mushrooms, and marinara sauce from Landi’s.

Just seeing the pictures on the home page made me homesick. Then it really hit me once I saw a picture of the blue storefront. Okay, I'll admit it -- I always wanted to marry one of the Landi boys so I could have total access to their food. While I should probably be embarrassed to admit that, if you tasted their food, I'm sure you'd agree. I’m salivating right now, just thinking about the succulent lasagna, the way the veal just melts in your mouth, and the ravioli. Oh, the ravioli. I haven’t found a ravioli yet that doesn’t fall apart while they’re cooking. Except for Landi’s ravioli. Plus, they carry both the larger round ravioli, which my parents prefer, and the smaller square ravioli, which are my favorites. Oh, to soak up the sauce with some perfect Italian bread… Mmmmmm. If only I could order their baked clams online. *drool*

Must. Find. Excuse. To order.

3 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 7:29 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

I can't see "The Sausage King" without thinking of Ferris Bueller.

 
At 3/16/2006 9:38 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Now if only Roll n Roaster would freeze their roast beef sandwiches and ship them too. I know I'm only an hour from it but just to get into Brooklyn cost a fortune.

 
At 3/16/2006 8:59 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Amen to both of you. LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home