Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Paint, paint, and more paint

I finally finished painting the trim in the guest room. By the time I finished that, I decided that I should follow the advice given to me by the man who painted my last house. Jim told me that he always painted the trim first, then the walls, and finally, the ceiling. Now, I admit that I'm cutting corners, and time, and not painting the ceilings here. However, when I started painting B's room, the first item to see a paintbrush was the trim.

I painted the trim on Sunday, I think. Monday was cutting in the primer. Tuesday found me priming the walls, and today was the day to start putting some color on the walls.

I was, however, stymied in my attempts to finish the room today. DH is sick with his relapse of what ailed him for nearly all of February. He said he wanted to go to the doctor, but didn't want to go back to the GP he saw twice last month. So I found an internist courtesy of the Aetna website, and DH got an appointment for 11:30 this morning. We spent an hour and a half in the exam room, and I think DH got a decent examination. He had his lung output tested, before and after a breathing treatment; his pulse ox was taken; and they even did bloodwork. The diagnosis is not another viral infection, but bronchitis and sinus infection. We came away with four prescriptions (steroid, cough medicine, antibiotic, and allergy medication) and hope that we've located the physician we want to stick with. DH was shocked to learn that he had lost 14 pounds in the last three weeks. Not a bad diet, but not one that he'd recommend.

Lucky for him, DH seems to have regained his appetite so we went out for lunch at Philly Connection, the local cheesesteak place. I laughed out loud when I saw that they actually carry TastyKakes. However, being the New Yorker, I prefer Drakes Cakes.

Having spent the better part of the late morning and early afternoon with DH, at the doctor and later getting his prescriptions filled, I didn't have much time to paint. Therefore I only had time to cut in with the blue paint. I hope tomorrow to finish painting her room. God willing, B will be back in her bedroom by the weekend.

Next week B has Spring Break. God help me. I suppose I'll try taking her to the movies at least twice. I'm sure she's interested in seeing Curious George and may want to see Eight Below. I’ll have to find out if my cousin’s kids liked it, because they saw EB yesterday.

1 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Curious George is an AWESOME MOVIE. B will love it, S will love it and you will love it. Go see it.

Stacy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home