Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, February 24, 2006

Random Friday thoughts

Today was report card day and B only had two minuses, which is less than last time. She needs to complete her work on time and turn in neater work. Also, she needs to practice some of her letters because she either writes them incorrectly or messy. I'm really proud of her improvements and accomplishments.

Today was the end of the little ones' first week at their new day care. I'm sure it is a really nice center, but it certainly isn't the old corporate day care that they were in when we were in NJ. It doesn't feel like home yet, and A, who never had problems with drop offs in NJ, has become clingy. He doesn't want me to put him down or let him go once we enter the building. I hope this phase passes quickly.

DH is feeling better, FINALLY!!! We sanitized our bedsheets and towels this afternoon. I cannot wait to sleep in our bed, after sleeping on the couch for three weeks. Not only do we have clean sheets, but my God, we've got the world's tallest mattress, and it is SO comfortable. Serta counting sheep, here I come!

I worked more on our HOA's "Modification" application yesterday, and did some research today. I hope to complete the application over the weekend and deliver it to the HOA idiots on Monday.

Oh dear, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo starts this coming week. Apparently this is the hugest thing in this area for the next three weeks. Sheesh, we just got rid of the NBA All Star game last week, and all the crowds for that. Now town will be crazy with traffic for the rodeo. I'll stay home, thanks; I'll watch John Travolta in Urban Cowboy and drool instead.

1 Comments:

At 3/03/2006 9:18 AM, Blogger Kimmykay said...

i hope everything is ok. I haven't seen a post in a while. Are you enjoying the summer like weather?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home