Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday Monday

Today I made DH another appt at the doctor. He went this afternoon and was gone a good long time. He saw a different doctor than last time. The doctor took his time to get DH's history, then gave him a shot in the ass (antibiotic), and two scripts, one a different antibiotic (this is #3 -- Levaquin last wk, and two today), the other a cough suppressant.

DH also had blood drawn and x-rays taken. We should get the results tomorrow, and I hope and pray that they show something that can be treated. This sickness is ridiculous. In the 10+ years I've known DH, this is the longest he's ever been sick (over 10 days), and only the second time he's been flat on his back. We both had the flu over Halloween 8 yrs ago and it was ugly. This is worse.

Tonight DH had a coughing fit so bad that he vomited. He's dehydrated and now I need to get him full of Gatorade. He's sick of chicken soup and hungry for real food. However he's afraid to eat anything of real substance. This morning I made him scrambled eggs and I think he was overjoyed to get some protein. As for cockamamie ideas, DH hypothesized that he's sick from drinking the water from our fridge dispenser. The change filter light went on last week and I haven't gone to the Sears store to get a replacement. Sure buddy, that's the problem...

I'm grateful that his boss is very understanding. He knows how hard DH works, and when he heard just how ill DH is, he sent out an email to DH's team asking them not to bother him. DH was to run two training meetings later this week, one about 2 hours away and then one here in town the next day. The trainer who was to do this with him called our house this afternoon while DH was at the doctor and spoke to me. She apparently wants to postpone the sessions until DH is feeling better. Normally she flies into the cities and doesn't rent a car, so I think she's just nervous about getting around the state by herself. It was a strange conversation. She's a trainer with quite an impressive resume, so I don't know why she thinks she can't handle DH's team. DH talked to her this evening and she is going to work tomorrow to reschedule the two training sessions, including all the team's schedules and work with the hotels so they don't lose the deposits. Have at it babe.

In kid news, I am convinced that A is cutting all four incisors right now. He was pretty miserable, up early crying, up late crying. S has seemingly lost all interest in going on the potty. She's starting to sport a little rash, and I'm hoping that it will help give her an incentive to start going on the potty again. Tonight I had B write out her Valentines for tomorrow. In a surprising twist, she asked to do her homework FIRST before doing the cards. My patience was shot by the evening and I had a splitting headache, no doubt from not drinking enough water today. This prompted DH to ask me what I was planning to do about daycare. I admitted I wanted to put them in full time for a month to give me a kick start with unpacking, and then go down to part time care. DH was all for it, as long as it is indeed a short term arrangement. Yippee!

Shortly after getting the kids in bed tonight I started falling asleep on the couch. I wound up unconscious for about the next 3 hours, waking only when DH had the coughing fit I mentioned earlier. Now I'm awake and I guess I'll catch up on the Olympics I slept through by watching the late night rerun.

1 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 5:45 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Man, I really hope he feels better soon. The poor guy -- and poor you! Hang in there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home