Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, February 03, 2006

Dangit!

I just discovered that I missed attending a lecture by local celebrity Frank Bielec, of TLC's Trading Spaces fame, last week. He gave the lecture at some library around Houston sometime in the last week or two. Figures I'd find out about it now. I bet it was a hoot.

Other celebrities who come from or at some point lived in this area include: Janeane Garofalo (another former Jersey Girl), Renee Z, Kimberly Caldwell, Roger Clemens, and Clint Black (funny, he was born near where I used to live...), Yao Ming. Chances of me running into any of these people: zilch. However, I did hear of a Yao Ming sighting at the Houston Galleria about 2 weeks ago. Too bad I can't afford to shop there now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home