Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Gymboree hell

Yesterday I braved the wilds of Houston to find the closest Gymboree store. They're having a great sale and I've got a ton of stuff in my online shopping cart. I try not to shop there often, but during their sales I sometimes have to pick up a few things. The Gymbo Baby Sale is great because most tops are $10, most bottoms are $20, and blankets are $10. These prices are amazing for Gymbo.

The store was crowded and hot. I was immediately greeted by a sales associate named Pilar who told me all about the sale and helped me quite a bit. I managed to find some things for A and SIL's new baby (a boy, due early June). Since FIL was a helicopter pilot I wanted to get some things with helos on them, and I was able to get some deals. When I complained to Pilar that I hadn't received the 25% off postcard, and gymboree.com had stopped sending me email, she told me that she'd give me the discount without the postcard. WAHOO! I got the girls each a few things, but I'd like to get some bottoms for A and another outfit or two for B.

Unfortunately, I just can't get to complete my transaction online. Thursday night I had 20 items in my cart. Friday morning I was down to 19. Now I'm at 18. Some are duplicates of things I bought at the store. I'd like to edit my cart and checkout, but the stupid thing won't let me in. Argh. This is one of the reasons for my lukewarm feeling for Gymboree. If they can charge ridiculous amounts for clothes, can't they funnel just a little bit of their profits into another server or two in order to deal with the rush they always have during sales and Gymbucks time?? Ugh.

Going to publish this post and see if I can get in to my shopping cart yet.

2 Comments:

At 2/12/2006 4:06 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Did it work?

 
At 2/12/2006 10:39 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Not yet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home