Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, February 03, 2006

One hundred days

B celebrated her 100th day of Kindy earlier this week. To be honest, she's only been in Kindy about 80 days since she started Kindy in September, and they start in August down here, plus she got a week off while we drove down here. Her old school would celebrate with the kids having a fancy tea party. Here they celebrated by dressing "old". We were requested to dress the kids "old" and have them wear glasses or use canes. Of course, I had an old pair of glasses, my first pair that I got as a freshman in HS, but God only knows where they are right now. They're probably in one of the 150 or so boxes I still have lying around. Or maybe I tossed them or gave them to the Lions Club. I don't recall. And canes, yup, got a million of those. In New Jersey. My grandmother used to work in NYC and would invariably fall every few years, either breaking or spraining an ankle or a wrist. Her cane collection lives at my parents' house -- the traditional cane (which my kids loved playing with), a real Irish shillelagh, a medical issue four footed cane. Oh well, I made do, or so I hope.

I had her dress in a plaid dress I got for her over a year ago, and she wore white gloves and a cheesy white wig I had used once for a Halloween party. I wonder how she looked compared to her classmates.

Each child had to bring in 100 pieces of something for the class to make trail mix for snack that day. She brought in 100 mini marshmallows, and I also sent her along with 100 M&Ms, just in case someone forgot to bring something in. (Okay, so I really did it to get more chocolate out of this house, but give me credit for being helpful.)

2 Comments:

At 2/03/2006 9:50 AM, Blogger geenalyn said...

Daynah's class is doing the 100 day trial mix too....Peter seriously wants me to count out 100 craisins..

 
At 2/06/2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Hummingbirds are doing it today and Diantha called out of work........ hmmmmmmmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home