Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, January 27, 2006

DH cracks me up

Clay's parents closed on their new house today. Clay's dad was to come over sometime today to pick up an entertainment unit from us to put in their new game room. When I saw Clay's mom at the bus stop this afternoon I found out that his dad had spent the better part of the day working with the wonderful cable people to install their TV and internet connections (dad works out of his home). Late this afternoon Clay's dad called DH to see if he could help him move some stuff to the new house in advance of the movers, who will arrive tomorrow morning at 8:30 to move the real big stuff.

Pete, Clay's dad, arrived and picked up DH. A while later, after I had given up on eating dinner with the kids AND DH, they arrived back here. The guys came in for a beer while they waited for the rain to stop. Once it stopped, they loaded up most of the entertainment unit and headed over to the house. Two hours or so later Pete dropped DH off.

Once inside the house, DH tells me "I love it. Now we've got friends like our best friends we left in PA!" I have to agree; they drink beer and wine, they enjoy cooking out, their kids are our kids' ages (except for poor little A)... Then DH regaled his funny story of the night. Pete, Pete's former neighbors, and DH were in the house and DH heard Pete fart in the kitchen. One of the former neighbors piped up, "What was that?!" to which DH replied, "oh, I think Pete was opening a cabinet in the kitchen and it squeaked." Laughing, the neighbor exclaimed, "I can't believe it; they're covering for each other!" LOL!

Apparently guys know other guys are their friends when they can fart in front of each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home