Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Tagged!

Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot.
Kim's Blog
Planet Alien
Where am I going...and why am I in this handbasket?
Geena's Mind
Displaced Yankee Chick

Questions!

What were you doing 10 years ago? I was about to celebrate my first Christmas with DH. We were dating, and his sister and her boyfriend were talking marriage. They were setting their date even though she didn't yet have the ring. DH would give me skis, poles and bindings as a gift. (On our first date I broke my nose skiing, and hadn't planned on ever skiing again. I guess this was his way of trying to guilt me into improving my skiing.) It was also at this time that I would learn just how over the top MIL goes (and DH and SIL and BIL) with their gift giving. There was barely any room in the LR at MIL's house. Meanwhile I had brought something little for MIL and SIL/BIL and a few things for DH. We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house. It was to be my grandmother's last Christmas. The best part of Christmas Day was when I asked DH why he had gotten me skis; he replied "Because I love you." It was the first time he had said that to me. I got goosebumps.

What were you doing a year ago? Christmas Eve we hosted DH's granny's 90th birthday party. We went to Mass at the local Shrine, not realizing that there were about a bazillion stairs to climb to get into the church itself. Not really a great thing to make a 90 yo woman who has had open heart surgery do... We also got to church late, so we all had to stand in the back of the church for the entire Mass. Again, not a good thing. Dinner was Italian take out from the local pizza place. That was a good thing. After dinner we had birthday cake, and granny opened the cards that were sent to our house for her birthday. She was quite touched. Christmas day we entertained a house full of people. MIL and her boyfriend came, and two nights prior, SIL had to let FIL know that he would be there. FUN! MIL made a turkey in a bag IIRC and I had prepared the ham. DNephew was spilling juice all over our basement thanks to his leaky sippy cup. Meanwhile we never allowed anything other than water to be consumed down there.

5 snacks you enjoy?
Key Lime white chocolate chip cookies
chocolate chip cookies
cheez-its
chocolate
brownies

5 songs you know all the lyrics to:
In My Life by The Beatles
Itsy Bitsy Spider
One Thing Leads to Another by The Fixx
Silent Night, Holy Night
Sleigh Ride

5 things you would do if you were a millionare:
Pay off my mortgage and other bills
Get a newer car just like what I currently drive
Start college funds for the kids
Donate some to charity
Help my widowed friend out

5 bad habits:
picking at my fingernails
twirl my hair
procrastination
watching too much TV
surfing the net too much

5 things I like doing:
watching TV
surfing the net
thinking about scrapbooking
spending time with my DH and kids
sleeping

5 things you would never wear, get new or buy new again:
coulottes
earth shoes
bell bottoms or flared jeans
anything polyester
two-c0lored dress shoes

Tag 5 people:
Squirrel
Dang, I thinkg my boardies got everyone else... Sorry, I suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home