Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Phew...it's over

Christmas is over. Thank God. I am exhausted.

I think the kids got everything that they asked for from Santa. Of course, B saw the Chocolate Fountain that her cousin got and then asked me why Santa didn't bring her one. Of course, she never asked for one! I'd have loved one myself, but if I hardly know anyone down here, it's not like I'm going to be entertaining often. And I really don't need to be eating hot chocolate syrup all the damn time. My clothes are already getting too small. What I need to do is wire my mouth shut.

We opened gifts here and then got ready to go to my aunt and uncle's house in H-town. Late as usual, but it turned out to be a good thing. There had been a "plumbing malfuction" at their house, and the kitchen sink had to be taken apart to fix it. My cousin Joe and uncle were out picking up parts to finish up the repair when we arrived. We enjoyed a delicious dinner of beef tenderloin, and Moet & Chandon champagne. Wow. Between the bubbly and my Fruited French Brie (it has cognac in it), I was LOOPY!! So loopy, in fact, that I wound up napping after dinner.

The kids played so nicely together. It was refreshing not to have to tell them to play nice. As it turns out, only A, the youngest, wasn't afraid of the dogs. My aunt and uncle are currently taking care of my cousin's two dogs while she recovers from surgery, my other cousin's dog, and they have their own dog. Four dogs and while they were mainly crated while they were inside, the kids were staying away from them. A, on the other hand, was getting a kick out of sticking his finger in my aunt's dog's crate. Then the dog would come up and lick his finger and A would laugh gleefully. It was so cute.

All in all it was a great day. Now I'm off to bed.

1 Comments:

At 12/26/2005 12:05 AM, Blogger Mary said...

It sounds like you guys had a fantastic Christmas!! Can't wait to see some pics :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home