Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Company

Our company arrived this morning. DH and eldest DD went to the airport to pick up MIL and her DF. I'm still peeved that they are going to be here. I firmly believe that they invited themselves down and I'm PISSED about it. At least I was busy doing things like unpacking the house and putting things away, so I didn't have to entertain them. That was all DH's job.

As it was, I hadn't made the guest bed nor had I done anything to the bathroom they were to use. All part of my evil master plan to let them know that we were NOT ready for company. While they sat upstairs in the gameroom watching the kids play, they also got to watch me unpack the bathroom, clean the bathroom, and then make the guest bed. MIL actually came in to help me make the bed, but I told her something like, "Go play with the kids; that's what you're here for." Rude, but whatever. I didn't want or need help.

We had a yummy lunch at Sonic, so that was a nice treat. Dinner was pasta, my usual standby before a holiday dinner. More last minute holiday shopping today too.

Only two more days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home