Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ack!

Our company arrives in about 8 hours and I still have so much to do. I need to clean off the kitchen table and counters, rearrange some boxes to improve flow in some rooms, make the bed in the guest room, finish laundry, bathe the kids, put laundry away, and move some boxes upstairs into the guest room.

Oh, and before the special offer ends, I need to place an order for a piece of furniture for the guest room, and I also have to plan my Black Friday shopping. DH doesn't really have any ideas for anything he wants. He'd like time to take a vacation. He has the vacation days available but not the actual time to take it. I can't gift wrap that, nor can Santa fit in on his sleigh.

Two boxes of items I've ordered for gifts arrived today. DH approved of most of them, and one outfit just didn't work in person.

Guess I should get off my butt and start doing some cleaning. I need to keep Peter Walsh's (of TLC's Clean Sweep) mantra in my head: OHIO -- only handle it once. Ack!

1 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 6:19 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

You'll get it done, and if you don't, screw it. LOL! Sounds like you'll be busy this week(end). Enjoy yourself. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home