Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, January 20, 2006

Is this a delayed reaction to the full moon?

My kids were crazy earlier this week. I was like someone replaced my normally active but pleasant kids with whiny annoying kids. And then yesterday I ran out and did some errands with the two little ones while the eldest was in school. I pulled into the post office right behind some haggard woman in a burgundy car. We both pulled into the mailbox drop off lane, where the USPS has kindly installed two mail drop boxes. But little miss "I've sat in the sun too long and wrinkled my skin all to hell; I look like I'm 65 but I'm only 39..." couldn't figure out the concept of pulling up to the farthest drop box. And then she also (1) didn't have her mail ready to be dropped, and (2) she had to get out of her car to drop the mail because she didn't pull in close enough to the box. IDIOT!!

Today I waited around all day for a furniture delivery that should have been here by 3. At 4 I called the shipping company and waited for someone there to get a clue and figure out how to help me since I did not have my shipping number. At long last someone was able to help me and told me that the shipment arrived too late to be put on a truck today. I wondered to myself when was someone going to contact me and let me know. Obviously never. Now I get to spend Monday again waiting for the delivery. Right after that I picked up B at the bus stop and she asked if she could play with Clay. His mom was working on packing his room, so I took him to our house to play. Unfortunately for me, B was in rare form, whining about anything and everything. She finally lost her attitude, but not before she was rude to Clay. I'm not optimistic, but I certainly hope this phase passes before puberty...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home