Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The joys of the Bible Belt

First, I had better start watching my mouth and find a new phrase. B has definitely caught on to my intoning "Jesus!" and actually said it this afternoon while she was having a play date with her dear friend Clay. Maybe I should start saying "tartar sauce" like she does...

Second, I was in DH's car this afternoon running an errand and searched the Houston radio stations for something to listen to. I stopped for a quick second on one station that was talking and wound up staying on it for the ten minute drive home. It was apparently a Christian station and they had some guy on, who is based in California, who has developed a media kit to help educate people about abortions. There was talk about Alito, and his confirmation hearing. Then this fellow mentioned that his media kit is great for educating people because it uses graphic images. He explained that sometimes the graphic images (photos and videos) are not used properly, but his kit provides guidance on proper use. Then the DJ (for lack of a better term) said that everyone should get a kit. Paraphrasing now: "You need it for your kids, your family, your church family..." Which got me to thinking, just how does one use this information with one's friends and neighbors? Should I invite my neighbors over for dinner, enjoy some pleasant conversation, and then say "Hey, let's watch a short movie and discuss your thoughts on abortion..." Suuure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home