Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Thinking....

  • Does anyone even find Conan O'Brien remotely funny? Gawd, I just can't stand that guy!
  • Does Jay Leno seem to pander to the much older crowd, making only "safe" jokes?
  • Does every Christian in Texas have nothing better to do than lobby NBC to remove "The Book of Daniel" from its lineup? You mean to tell me that there aren't Christians who are also alcoholics, drug addicts, drug pushers or homosexual?
  • I could probably buy a Lamborghini with the amount of money I've spent on fast food in Texas. I heart Sonic! *blush*
  • Getting back to late night TV, I also really don't like Carson Daly. So why am I almost intrigued to watch tonight to see if he and Jennifer Love Hewitt will explain the reason for their breakup 10 years ago?
  • I should really just go to sleep...

4 Comments:

At 1/06/2006 6:56 AM, Blogger mamatulip said...

I've never liked Conan. The only late-night talk show host that I've ever really found funny besides Dave Letterman on occassion was Arsenio Hall. I loved that show, LOL.

 
At 1/06/2006 8:30 AM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

I still like Letterman, and that Craig Ferguson is funny too. Sometimes I'd catch Arsenio but I don't remember what I thought of him.

 
At 1/06/2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Kimmykay said...

Just came across your blog. Thanks Katherine. LOL. I love that the Book of Daniel is getting everyone in a tizzy. I crack up that they can get so worked up over that but let other things that I think are important slide. Good luck to you in Texas! Lived there for 6 years. sigh.

 
At 1/06/2006 2:37 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Hey Kim! Thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home