Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, January 13, 2006

Ah sweet quiet. Will it last?

The house behind us is home to either high school or college-aged boys. A few days before Christmas while I was having a wrapping marathon, the boys were out on the 2nd story deck laughing and whooping it up. That's fine in and of itself, but I have a definite problem with it, when they're doing it at 1:30am!! Two of my three kids sleep in the back rooms of the house.

Tonight I was passed out asleep on the couch, making up for all the sleep I missed earlier this week. I must have fallen asleep around 8:30. The two margaritas I had at dinner didn't help. LOL! I was rudely awakened at 11pm by the kids behind us. They had music blaring, all the interior and exterior lights on, and were having a pool party. Best of all was listening to the kids singing along to Abba's "Dancing Queen", Berlin's "Take My Breath Away", and Chicago's "Saturday In The Park".

Forty-five minutes later, and it is competely silent. The exterior lights are off. The bad news is that I can see at least one person in the game room upstairs. The deck is off that room. How long, I wonder, until round 2?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home