Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

It's a Christmas miracle! or not

First Penn State finally wins the Orange Bowl, and then, the breaking news on TV is that the 12 missing miners are alive. I had already heard that they had found one miner dead in a mine car. What wonderful news.

Edited: I'm rather upset that this horrible miscommunication occurred. How awful for the families to first hear that their loved one survived this harrowing accident, only to find out hours later that the truth was the exact opposite of that. I cannot even image their sorrow, frustration, anger and hurt. I certainly hope that an investigation determines what went wrong at every level and that steps are put into place so that others don't have to go through such heartwrenching agony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home