Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Today's the day!

Today is the day that school started back for B. As much as I love my kids, three straight weeks of all three of them nonstop was a bit too much. I was so relieved to only have to deal with two today. DH took B to the bus stop and told me later that she really didn't put up too much of a fuss getting on the bus. However, she was disappointed seeing me at the bus stop to pick her up. Oh well. At that point she begged to play at her friend Clay's house and his mom said it would be fine. So I didn't have her for another hour. When I picked her up, she was having a great time playing in his backyard. And I got to have a wonderful conversation with someone who actually lives within walking distance. Heaven I tell you.

We had to pick up DH's car tonight from the car dealership. Last week he had the 45K mile service done and the state inspection done. The car sat in the garage all last week, I think. Yesterday DH was heading out of town and was maybe a half mile away when his car started making an awful noise, so he pulled over and turned off the engine; the noice stopped. Then he noticed a belt hanging under the car -- some stray belt in the engine had broken. Lovely!! Don't you think that during a major service, the mechanic would actually INSPECT the engine and the belts and hoses?? At least they did that at my Honda dealerships (he drives a different import). It only cost $18 for the belt and no charge for labor, but it annoyed me anyway.

As a treat, DH picked up Chick-Fil-A for dinner, which was a great change from the hors d'oeuvres we've been eating all week. We've had pigs in blankets, sweet & sour meatballs, mini quiche, veggie and fruit crudites...

Now I just need to convince DH that we need to take a trip to Austin this weekend so we can see the Texas Tower lit up... You'd think the man would be chomping at the bit to go there, but today when I mentioned it, he said, "it's a long drive..."

Next week the cool new furniture for my guestroom / scraproom should arrive. It'll only weigh a few hundred pounds, so I'll have to wait for DH to get it upstairs. Perhaps I won't need too much help assembling it. Yeah right...

1 Comments:

At 1/07/2006 7:37 AM, Blogger geenalyn said...

okay that bed/desk is the coolest thing ever!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home