Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh. My. God. That Rose Bowl game was amazing. Such a nailbiter. My heart was pounding for the last two minutes of the game. I am both amazed and relieved that UT won; I was beginning to wonder if they were ever going to pull it off. Phew. DH is floating now. He told me earlier tonight that he wants to go to Austin to see the Tower all lit up for the National Championship. Now I need to get DH a new tee shirt, seeing as how I got him a Big XII Champions shirt for Christmas. LOL! The silly man just said the same thing to me. On a less personal note, I hope that the people who determine who wins the Heisman feel a little sheepish now, considering the less than stellar performance of Reggie Bush tonight versus that of Vince Young (467 total yards!). Alas, hindsight is 20/20.

On another bright note, B goes back to school tomorrow. Thus, I'll be able to get a little more of my life back by only having two kids at home all day. Perhaps I can finally go through the boxes of things I need to return and get them organized by store. I have a ton to go back to Kohl's and dammit, I think my bill was due today. Crap. Seriously, I think the stuff I have to return will lower my bill by about half. Ugh.

MIL called tonight. No idea why. Perhaps she wanted to talk Rose Bowl with DH. She asked him about the stainless steel paper towel holder she sent me for Christmas. He told her we already had one under the cabinet that matches and that we like. Now I have to check the damn box for a receipt or hope that BB&B won't give me any trouble returning it. I do love the s/s trash can she sent -- it was exactly what I had asked for. However, I had sent her other suggestions, including a s/s utensil holder. Instead she sent me the paper towel holder. Thanks. Thanks a lot. Did you have your eyes open when you were here at Thanksgiving??!!

I did remember to tell DH that I already ordered her bday gift for her 60th later this month. Her bday is on a Sunday so I first chose the Friday before as the delivery day, but then realized that she and the DF might go away and I couldn't send the gift to her office if she wouldn't be there, so I finally chose the Wednesday before. That way everyone can enjoy the treats I ordered. Hey, if I'm eating my weight in hors d'oeuvres tonight, why shouldn't everyone be pigging out in January??!! VBEG

Now...to sleep, perchance to dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home