Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year everyone!

Here I sit in bed, sharing New Year's Eve with my date of the last God-knows-how-many years, Dick Clark. I lead such an exciting life, I tell you.

First, can I say just how excited I am to have Dick Clark back on the air?! It's not New Year's without him, and quite frankly, Ryan Seacrest and all the other fill in hosts while Dick was recovering from his stroke suck. Big time.

Second, I realize that my new time zone is an hour behind, but I still consider my New Years to start when the ball drops in New York City. There's just something about that beautiful ball in that fantastic city that makes everything else stateside pale in comparison.

Third, I really need to turn off the rest of Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. I cannot understand why they have to make the rest of the show so lame with "pre-recorded" New Year's Eve party footage from some lame studio in Hollywood. Half the groups or singers that perform on there are people I've never heard of, nor care to ever hear again. And if I really wanted to watch the Pussycat Dolls writhe on stage, I think I'd probably find a strip club or invest in some pay-per-view. Ugh. I just can't stand this contrived crap. It's like suffering through the nightly New Year's Eve celebrations at Pleasure Island in Orlando.

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy 2006. I personally hope to have more friends and family visit us this year. I'm looking forward to meeting our new nephew later this summer; he's scheduled to arrive in very early June. And I'm looking forward to finding a daycare/preschool for the little ones and to getting unpacked and organized here.

1 Comments:

At 1/01/2006 4:11 PM, Blogger mamatulip said...

Happy New Year, Jeanne!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home