Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Saturday, November 12, 2005

So this is how the other half lives

"It's good to be the King," quipped Mel Brooks. By golly he was right!

The girls and I flew up today to NJ for a long weekend. Thanks to DH's traveling, he is a frequent flier with a ridiculous amount of miles, and thus Elite status. When I went to check us in online last night, I was asked if I wanted to see if First Class seats were available for me and my traveling companions. Of course I clicked Yes. And there were!! I could swear our seats were all in the same row, but I had seats in two rows: 2A, 2F and 3B. Since I needed to sit next to at least one of them, and that one was the 2 year old, I planted myself in a seat hoping that the seat's occupant would be agreeable to move across the aisle. Luckily I didn't have to deal with that, so we sat together, with the 5 year old behind us. She entertained the gentleman next to her for the entire flight. I don't think she stopped talking, singing or making noises for the ENTIRE flight, but he seemed to be okay with that.

The First Class accommodations were wonderful. Such wide comfy seats, such attention to our empty glasses. Did I mention the lunch choice? Chicken calzone or salmon salad, cream of mushroom soup. Delicious salmon salad. The flight attendant even went so far as to get pizzas from the "second class" (as the 5yo said) cabin for the girls to eat. It really was wonderful.

I only wish I had been able to partake of the free liquor. Believe me, I was tempted but didn't want anyone to think I was a lush, or I worried that for some reason I'd need to drive once we landed. (My parents were picking us up.)

To make things even funnier, my mother met us in the airport terminal. She was holding up a sign with our last name on it, just like the chauffeur she was. LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home