Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Sigh

I'm a moderately conservative person, so I should feel pretty comfortable living here in Texas. However, I'm upset that it appears Proposition 2 will pass. This Proposition is to amend the consititution to read that marriage is only between one man and one woman. It makes me so sad.

DH has two gay relatives; one is fairly closeted, the other out and in a long term committed relationship. Our eldest had a classmate with two moms. Having met these people and seeing how loving and "normal" they are, it saddens me that they do not enjoy the same rights as traditional married couples.

If only I had been able to register and vote today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home