Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Ah, love this weather

Remind me in July just how much I love the weather down here. This weekend the high was in the mid 80s. Just magnificent weather. We heated the pool and spa yesterday and enjoyed a few hours in both. B was swimming with the aid of one or two noodles. At times she'd throw one into the deep end and then swim out using the other noodle, then swim back with both. S was more content to sit on the edge of the spa and dip her feet in the warm water. Poor A got the short end of the stick and had to watch us from his stroller.

DH was able to recall some of what Mark, our pool guy, showed him regarding heating and running the pool and spa. Unfortunately, he encountered a problem when he was putting the systems back to the way they were before our swims. The hose for the roving pool cleaner started spouting water from its connection to the pool. The only way DH got it to stop was to turn off the pool; a fine temporary fix.

This morning I was awakened at 6:30 by a strange sound. Looking out my bedroom window, I saw that the pool cleaner hose had separated at a joint. My guess was that the cleaner and half the hose was sitting at the bottom of the pool. Meanwhile, the part of hose that was connected to the pool was spraying everywhere. If you've ever seen a hose, like an unmanned fire hose, whipping around, that is what this hose was doing. I awoke DH, who had already had a terrible night's sleep, and asked him to go out and fix the pool situation. It seemed to take him a while, but he finally got it to stop and managed to reconnect the pool cleaner in the process.

Looks like I'll not only be calling the plumber to help remove the RO system and repair the cold water shutoff under the kitchen sink, but I'll be calling Mark, the pool guy, so he can give me lessons in how to run the pool and spa. Heck, I'll even take notes so that we won't encounter these problems again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home