Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Thursday, November 10, 2005

My big girl

Despite many protests and tears, our oldest finally rode the bus to and from school today. I can sympathize with her fear of the bus since it isn't as safe as a car since there are no seatbelts. I have no counterargument; she makes a great point about that. In one respect, I'm thrilled that she knows that she needs to wear a seatbelt. However, I can't be schlepping her to and from school every day, wasting gas and my time, while polluting the air for no reason while I waste my tax dollars.

She was resigned to riding the bus by the time it arrived at the stop this morning. The bus driver had her sit in the front seat on the passenger side. I waved goodbye and blew her kisses; she looked very sad. When I met her at the bus stop this afternoon, she seemed happy. She said that riding the bus is "boring" but that is what she says about a lot of things.

I hope tomorrow goes as smoothly, if not smoother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home