Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

So remind me again why I moved here...

The entire reason that I picked up and moved was the promise of actually seeing DH more. In the two years he has worked for this company, he has worked his butt off. He was home only ten days during his first 2.5 months with the company, and that includes weekends. The next year and a half was much the same. DH has been working hard at all hours of day and night, weekdays and weekends. The kids and I rarely saw him at our old home. Heck, he got this job when our second child was 4 months old. Now that she is talking, he doesn't understand half the things she says, and I need to translate for him. Nevermind that I somehow got knocked up with #3 during one of those fateful 10 days he was home in 2003...

So here I am now in TX, half a continent from my family and friends. Do I see DH more? Not really. He may be home, but he's behind his locked office door (so the little ones won't go in there while he's working), or he's on the phone. Or he's off at a meeting somewhere, and at least 50% of the time, when he gets home, he holes himself back up in his office. Do I get a "Hi honey. How was your day?" No. It's really gratifying. No, really.

Not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home