Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Friday, November 18, 2005

My soul sistah!

I met another mother at the playground last week who also recently relocated here and gave up her career. I can't even begin to explain how overjoyed I was to finally meet someone who is going through all the things I am, and at relatively the same time. Her family moved here a few months ago, before school started. She has two children, one in school, the other a preschooler. At the moment, I am envious because her children are either in school or day care so she is able to unpack in an empty house. Meanwhile I'm fighting to unpack a box a week with two kids underfoot.

Now all I need to do is remember to get her phone number the next time I see her...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home