Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Monday, January 01, 2007

I never hated New Year's Eve until I moved here.

This is my second New Year's Eve down here and there is one thing that bugs the shit out of me. Fireworks! Nearly every shopping center has a trailer parked in it starting Thanksgiving weekend and it remains there until New Year's. These trailers are packed with the latest and greatest pyrotechnics idiots can buy. And buy they do. I've been sitting here for hours listening to firecrackers, M-80s, and all sorts of other bottle rockets going off. And it wouldn't suck so bad if DD2 wasn't scared shitless of thunder AND firecrackers.

Right after she went to bed, some idiot on the next street set off what must have been a case of firecrackers. No lie, the things were going off for at least 2 minutes straight!! And DD was hysterical crying and there was no way for us to console her.

I am currently awaiting the latest cacophony to awaken her. Would it be a bad thing if I wished that some idiot here blew off his/her hand while lighting these evil noisemakers?!

1 Comments:

At 1/15/2007 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only do my neighbors behind us (a family farm) set off fireworks at midnight on New Years, they've set two off every night since right around 8:30. I thought they were gunshots at first! I just don't get why???

And the timing couldn't be more perfect since the rest of my house is asleep right about 8. Lovely and considerate people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home