Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Monday, December 04, 2006

Cosmic karma

I'm sure I deserved it. The final night of FIL's and grandMIL's visit, our plumbing backed up. At 11pm DH and I discovered sh!t, water, and toilet paper floating in our shower pan. Four hours of furious plunging and two bottles of Drano later, we cried uncle and awaited the morning's arrival so we could get a plumber to snake the lines.

Then over the weekend B, the eldest, called to us to come upstairs. She wanted us to know that the younger two were playing in the toilet and drinking the water. DH had gone to see what B wanted, and put the little ones in time out for playing in the toilet. He told me that S said she had peed in the toilet, but he thought that she had flushed before they started playing in it. Of course that makes it only slightly less repulsive.

Fast forward to this afternoon while B was on the phone with my parents. I heard the little ones playing in S's room, and I went to investigate. I discovered S next to the toilet after having peed in it, while A had his fingers in his mouth, and a water stained shirt. I had just caught him red handed playing in the toilet. After washing off his hands and face, he got a time out. And I thanked God that S had decided to wait to poop, which she did while I washed her brother's hands.

I don't know how to make the toilet less attractive as a playground. Any advice for that would be greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile, I'm not quite sure what I did to deserve this sh!t, but clearly I earned it.

3 Comments:

At 12/05/2006 11:30 AM, Blogger geenalyn said...

ugh...thankgod my kiddos don't find the toliet fascinating in that way...they'd rather play in the sink.

 
At 12/05/2006 1:28 PM, Blogger jeanne_bean said...

Lucky! LOL!

 
At 12/11/2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I'm not sure how useful it would be at your kids' ages, but they do make toilet locks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home