Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Saturday, December 02, 2006

It's been a long time

since I moved from Brooklyn to the suburbs. Almost 30 years, in fact. I'm certain I was living there when I last heard about this crime, although I think it was portrayed in "National Lampoon's Vacation".

This morning the phone rang at 8:30 and I figured it might be one of our east coast relatives calling. Nope, it was one of the guys who works for DH. I passed the phone to DH and listened to his half of the call:

"What?! Oh my God!"
"I'm not sure, but I think...I'm pretty sure insurance will cover it."

I imagined that the guy had been in a car accident. When DH hung up I asked him what had happened.

Imagine my surprise when he said that "John" just found his car on blocks. And I thought back to the last time I had heard of anyone having their tires stolen. DH then told me that at John's apartment complex his car and the car two spots over had both been put up on blocks. Since both were relatively new cars, it seems clear that someone had been casing the lot.

When was the last time you heard of this crime?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home