Displaced Yankee Chick in Texas

This blog chronicles my life as a displaced Yankee chick in Texas. I'm from the NY/NJ/PA area and quit my job 1.5 years ago to move to TX with DH and become a SAHM to our 3 kids (2 DDs and 1 DS). **Please note that names have been changed to protect the innocent.**

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Lollipop

As I was putting S, the 3 year old, to bed tonight, we talked about Santa. We sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and I asked her what she wanted Santa to bring her. She told me she wanted a new big girl bed. I explained that I didn't think he'd be doing that since she got a big girl bed for her birthday this summer. Then she told me that she really wanted a crib and that she really wanted to sleep in her crib and not her big girl bed. So I dutifully explained to her that she was a big girl and had outgrown her crib and that is why she's in a big girl bed.

"You're a big girl," I said.

"No I'm not," she replied, "I'm a lollipop."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home